Hmm the point of this is to wonder why do people get jobs in customer service related jobs who truly hate waiting or serving people? I work at a deli in a supermarket part time. It gives me a bit of spending money and isn't that big of an deal...but there are people who come in that have had a crappy day and will be cranky no matter what. So what should you do?
NO...not be cranky back. Just smile and keep your inner monologue to your self. But yet there are people who do not...which therefore makes the day even worse.
Now in the back at the deli and bakery we have things that we do not cook alot of because well they do not last or do well under the heat as other prepared food..SO it only takes 4 to 5 minutes to prepare it, so when a customer ask for it, don't give them the fifth degree on it.
Now for the girls up front at the registers I think they are part robot. No word just blank stares and constantly same movement....hmm shouldn't you greet the customer and make a small talk that will make them feel a little bit at home? Talk to them not at them.
BUt ah here I am understanding this which I knwo what my job is adn what it was goin to be when I went into the job, did these girls not understand. Hence 5 years ago when I was in teh military (off subject but funny)...a girl asked the sergent, "Are we gonna have to go to war?" The sergent was like, "NO we are gonna make cake! Of course you are gonna go to war you are in the military?"
But that is my little rant lol. NOw i am looking at my other half like he is crazy lol. He doesn't understand I would like to post my blog and by him being silly lol I have forgotten my train of thought.
(thanks honey when you read this)
BUt about ppl and customer service ... if you don't like people don't get the job stay home or go work on an assembly line or something and let someone hwo wants to work with people have the job.
NO...not be cranky back. Just smile and keep your inner monologue to your self. But yet there are people who do not...which therefore makes the day even worse.
Now in the back at the deli and bakery we have things that we do not cook alot of because well they do not last or do well under the heat as other prepared food..SO it only takes 4 to 5 minutes to prepare it, so when a customer ask for it, don't give them the fifth degree on it.
Now for the girls up front at the registers I think they are part robot. No word just blank stares and constantly same movement....hmm shouldn't you greet the customer and make a small talk that will make them feel a little bit at home? Talk to them not at them.
BUt ah here I am understanding this which I knwo what my job is adn what it was goin to be when I went into the job, did these girls not understand. Hence 5 years ago when I was in teh military (off subject but funny)...a girl asked the sergent, "Are we gonna have to go to war?" The sergent was like, "NO we are gonna make cake! Of course you are gonna go to war you are in the military?"
But that is my little rant lol. NOw i am looking at my other half like he is crazy lol. He doesn't understand I would like to post my blog and by him being silly lol I have forgotten my train of thought.
(thanks honey when you read this)
BUt about ppl and customer service ... if you don't like people don't get the job stay home or go work on an assembly line or something and let someone hwo wants to work with people have the job.
No comments:
Post a Comment